This page is not fully operational but will have practical guidelines for you to follow, Bible studies and worksheets to complete…
Bible studies that are available:
While we treat your condition, there is certainly a lot you can do to assist us. Here are some practical tips you can use to put yourself on the road towards full recovery:
- Stick to a sensible diet.
- Carefully read the pamphlet that comes with your medication and note if it mentions foodstuffs you may have to avoid.
- Exercise regularly.
- Give up smoking, if you currently smoke.
- Give up alcohol, if you currently consume alcohol. Alcohol and medication DO NOT mix!
- Use the medication as prescribed only. If you accidentally miss your morning medication for example, don’t try to “make up” for it by double dosing. This is extremely dangerous and potentially life threatening.
- Carefully read the pamphlet for side effects resulting from the initial use of the medication. It can lead to drowsiness, so be careful when driving or doing things that are potentially dangerous, should you not be able to stand or reason properly.
- Maintain a positive outlook on life. The medication may take time to function properly.
- Don’t ditch the medication just because there are some unwanted side effects. Anti depressants often cause a sexual disfunction of varying degrees in both men and women. This only lasts a little while. And the well being of your entire life is worth more than a short period where things don’t go as planned!
- NEVER terminate the use of the medication without consulting your doctor or counsellor first.